Thursday, March 3, 2011

{American Girl Doll Robe}

I did it! Okay, so there may be parts of the interior that could LOOK better...and if you look REALLY closely you'll see my mistakes...but all in all, it's finished! :)
I decided to wing it on putting in the sleeves and they actually turned out okay. My sweet daughter loves it, and that's really all that matters to me!


I went with fleece because a)I thought it would make a cute robe; b)it was on sale (is that a good reason?); and c)I thought it would be easiest for a first-time-making-any-clothing-or-using-a-pattern momma like me!  :)

When I was cutting them out, I thought it would be easy, but working with small pieces like the loops and collar was kind-of a pain.
I have a set of patterns, but I'm not sure when I'll make another one. I like sewing to be relaxing...not stressful! (ha!)
But for now...I'm patting myself on the back. First pattern, first clothing of any kind, and it's not freakishly crooked or unidentifiable. Kudos to me!
Thanks for stopping by,
I'm linking up to these great parties:
Stinkin Cute Thursday Button

4 comments:

  1. Very cute! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a great blog here! would you like to make some invite posts on my blog?

    Straznici.com
    Information
    Click Here
    Visit Web

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I just say what a relief to find someone who actually knows what theyre talking about on the internet. You definitely know how to bring an issue to light and make it important. More people need to read this and understand this side of the story. I cant believe youre not more popular because you definitely have the gift.

    Pesisir Pantai
    Pesisir Pulau
    Pesisir

    ReplyDelete

You can't imagine how much I looooooove comments! It makes my day, no matter how short and sweet. Thanks for stopping by!